Lots of room to play around with ingredients and cooking styles on these delicious treats!
- Potatos: I used 3 total, 2 regular and 1 sweet (Cut into chunks, boil in large pot until soft, drain water)
- Red lentils: 1 cup uncooked (boil 1 3/4 cups water, add lentils, simmer until water absorbed)
- Onion: 1 small/medium, diced
- Garlic: 1 large (2 small/medium), diced
- Red pepper: 1/2 to 1 pepper diced
- Zucchini: 1 baby, diced
- Kale: 1 1/2 cup diced
- Flour: 1/2-3/4 cup
- Olive oil: add a splash to potatoes once water is drained and more for the pan to lightly fry cakes
- Salt, pepper, spices to taste (I went with thyme, sage, rosemary, alternatively curry could be good, if going with this option add some peas!)
- Lightly sautee garlic, onion, red pepper, zucchini, and kale in some olive oil.
- After draining potatoes, add splash of olive oil and mash up with masher.
- Add in lentils once cooked, then veggies.
- Stir together with seasoning and scoop into balls when cool enough to handle.
- Pour flour into bowl, drop in balls and coat with flour then flatten into patties
- Add olive oil to pan and lightly fry on each side.
Serve with sweet chili sauce or another favorite, plain greek yogurt could be tasty if trying curry seasoning. Enjoy!